SmartStart Education’s specializes in supporting districts’ and schools’ parent involvement efforts. Ensuring the academic success of all students requires more than a research-based curriculum and highly effective teachers in every classroom. Parents must partner with teachers and schools in order to realize substantial gains in student achievement.
SmartStart Education provides the following nine workshops aligned with National PTA Standards 1-3:
- Maximizing the Parent/Teacher Conference
- Being Your Child’s Advocate
- Can We Talk? Bridging the Communication Gap
- Effective Positive Communication & Discipline
- Staying Active: Cyber-Bullying and Substance Abuse
- Choosing Appropriate Reading Materials: Developing Strategies for Reading with your Child
- Striving for Success: Elementary School
- Striving for Success: Middle & High School (Transitions)
- Understanding the State Test
Our workshops are one-hour long, interactive experiences. They can be delivered in both English and Spanish, as well as in-person and virtually. Our facilitators are both experienced educators and parents.