Calling All Writers!
Submit a blog or long article to us by no later than November 30, 2022.
All submissions will be reviewed by SmartStart Management staff.
- One winner will be selected in each category (blog article and long article) by SmartStart Education for publication submission to the ASCD. The ASCD commands the highest readership by educational professionals including district superintendents.
- We will also feature your article in our monthly newsletter which is sent to over 14,000 superintendents across the nation.
- The writer of the selected blog article, and the writer of the selected long article will each receive a $100 Amazon gift card. Note: Writers can enter both categories for a chance to win both awards!
Articles and blogs not selected may be published on our website blog and/or utilized on our social media sites.30
ASCD Blog and Long Article Topics:
- Best practice pieces on instructional or leadership strategies that
offer immediate takeaways for readers.
- Articles focused on specific problems of practice in a school
community (whether at the classroom or leadership level) and proposed or
- Pieces highlighting or responding to recent developments,
controversies, or research findings in the field.
- Articles responding to current events and their implications for
schools and educators.
- Personal stories on professional challenges or successes.
- Articles for school leaders (including teacher leaders)
highlighting ideas and approaches to system wide change and impact.
- Articles focused on ideas and improvements in educator professional
- Include a short author bio (70 word maximum), social media handles, and contact information in your email.
- Please do not include attachments of photos or artwork with your submission. Images will be discussed during the editing process as needed.
Long Article Guidelines:
Long-form articles should be between 1,000–2,000 words and cover research-based strategies, examples and stories from your own classroom, advice about how to overcome specific challenges, or solutions to common problems of practice.
- Include a short author bio (70 word maximum), social media handles, and contact information.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
Types of content not likely to be published include term or grad-school papers; research reviews or reports; press releases or product promotions; organizational position/policy statements (including those masked as articles); and attack pieces or political rants. Our style is friendly, conversational, and
relaxed. While evidence-based and substantive, the articles we publish re not academic in style and do not use excessive jargon or insider terms.
They also do not accept any content that, in whole or in part, has been previously published, in print or online. Nor do we accept pitches for guest posts.